Show map of Central Israel
Show map of Israel
|Coordinates: Coordinates 19:|
|Founded by||Palmach veterans|
Hagor (Hebrew: חָגוֹר) is a moshav in the Central District of Israel. Located between Rosh HaAyin and Kfar saba it falls under the jurisdiction of Drom HaSharon Regional Council. In 2019 it had a population of 1,162.
Moshav Hagor was founded in 1949 by veterans of the Palmach's Ninth Battalion. It became a cooperative agricultural settlement populated by new immigrants, mostly from Middle Eastern and North African countries. The name comes from a verse in the Book of Psalms, "Gird (in Hebrew, hagor) thy sword upon thy thigh, O mighty one, Thy glory and thy majesty" (Psalms 45:3).
- Gabi Ashkenazi, former Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces
- Dan Halutz, former Chief of Staff of the Israel Defense Forces
- "Population in the Localities 2019" (XLS). Israel Central Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 16 August 2020.
- Galili, Lily (January 25, 2007). "Up the Down Escalator". Haaretz. Retrieved May 3, 2019.
- Carta's Official Guide to Israel and Complete Gazetteer to all Sites in the Holy Land. (3rd edition 1993) Jerusalem, Carta, p.180, ISBN 965-220-186-3 (English)